APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The "Work on new record" thread

+9
Uli
puddledumpling
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Young_Gun
axl_wanna431340
DanyYo
Johan
Soulmonster
13 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Damn_Smooth Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 pm

DJ has been overly enthusiastic since he joined the band, but it is nice to start hearing things from the other members. I'm waiting for Ron to say something before I get overly excited though, at this point in time he seems to be the most grounded in reality.
Damn_Smooth
Damn_Smooth

Plectra : 4497

Back to top Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2012 7:19 am

Yes, one can forgive a newcomer for naive exuberance and optimism, but not guys like Richard or Tommy who was part of the very slow release of Chinese Democracy.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76672

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 17, 2012 9:15 pm

More from Dj!

Yeah we have and it has become one of our main focuses. We’re working on a lot of new stuff, not only for the music but we have surprises on this tour and everyone is looking forward to getting out there and putting on a kick ass rock ‘n’ roll show. The most important thing is that I’m really looking forward to the future with this band. Getting in and writing with everybody and that’s what I’m excited about the most but when it happens has still to be decided [May 2012]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 24, 2012 8:37 am

Being asked about working on a new record: Well between the six or seven or eight of us, we all live in different cities so it is really hard for us just to sit down and get to work [laughs] but now that we’re altogether out here for a couple of months then that is something that will come up hopefully. I’m always into trying out new material and recording new stuff. I’ve worked with DJ a little bit in the studio off and on here and there and I’m always recording stuff, ready to play it for people to get their take and their spin on it. I know everyone else is the same boat, I think we all have something set aside or maybe everything set aside for Guns N’ Roses so when it happens it will happen. [...] I think our priority right now is the tour and giving people the best, most kick ass show they can get every night [EspyRock, May 2012]

Not too promising...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu May 24, 2012 1:40 pm

And the song remains the same.. Sad
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7406

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 am

New quote from Richard:

I am pretty much focused on GN'R right now. We're getting ready to go back into studio. so that's where my head's at right now. That's all I wanna think about till end of year, pretty much[RockNLive, June 2012]

Source:
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:10 pm

In the interview below (at around the 7:00 mark), they talk about a future new record. It is described as a "big melting pot" and that everybody in the current lineup will contribute to it:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:34 am

And fernando chimes in:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:36 am

And from LuanVictorxD at mygnr:

Another tweet answered by Fernando today from a brazillian fan:

"@BrunoAmericana: @FLebeis Hey Fernando, whats up? We will have something new for GN'R in this year? Cheers.
@FLebeis: @BrunoAmericana Yes."

Original tweet in portuguese:

"@BrunoAmericana: @FLebeis e ai Fernando, beleza? Teremos alguma novidade esse ano no Guns? responde ai, abraço.
@FLebeis: @BrunoAmericana sim."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:59 pm

When this tour ends, Frank (drums) and Tommy (bass) and I plan to get together and start writing some new music. Hopefully nothing will get in the way of doing that [Teraz Rock Magazine, July 2012]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Heeeeey! Just got home from a three-month European tour with GNR, slowly getting over that weird transition back to ‘normal life’, haha, ready to start being creative. I’ll be writing and recording and releasing and producing and guesting and teaching, maybe some light gigging, doing whatever I can before having to press the pause button on it all and hit the road again. I was planning on writing instrumental guitar music but every time I have a song idea I start thinking of vocal melodies and lyrics, gaaaaahhhh!!!!!

He does mention "recording". So that is positive, he also indicates another tour in the near future.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Recording solo stuff is what I see through my cynical GNR glasses Razz
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 am

Johan wrote:Recording solo stuff is what I see through my cynical GNR glasses Razz

And you were probably right.

But Richard just claimed that they're writing and trying out new songs for the next record:
http://nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/troms_og_finnmark/1.8341744

So maybe some band members actually do that?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 am

From the recent Rolling Stone interview with Dj:

This is the first time we're all gonna be in the same place for a month solid and that will be, and already has been talked about, our main focus. So I think we're gonna get a lot of done," he says. "There's a lot of stuff recorded and I think it's just a matter of sitting down and working together as a band, putting together what we feel is gonna be the next best Guns N' Roses record. And I can't wait; I'm so excited to dive even deeper into that."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:30 am

Interesting nugget of info from today's Tommy interview:

Stinson has been prolific recently; in addition to performing with Guns N’ Roses, he’s completed three recording projects, including his second solo album (“more rootsy than Guns stuff.”) and a new Replacements effort.

So, uhm, what was the third record he's completed recently but which he won't mention?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:32 am

Soulmonster wrote:Interesting nugget of info from today's Tommy interview:

Stinson has been prolific recently; in addition to performing with Guns N’ Roses, he’s completed three recording projects, including his second solo album (“more rootsy than Guns stuff.”) and a new Replacements effort.

So, uhm, what was the third record he's completed recently but which he won't mention?

Err, I guess this is the third album:

He recently recorded an album in his home studio with his 22-year-old daughter, Ruby, who works in the Manhattan fashion industry. “I played all of the instruments. She did all of the singing. I’m just hoping my four year old doesn’t want the same path, because I’ll be too old by then,” he laughs.

Embarassed
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:33 am

First interview of Tommy I've read in a while that didn't also mention Soul Asylum.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6691

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:20 am

Dizzy talks:

We’ve been kicking some ideas around. We have some time off in Vegas. Hopefully we’ll be able to organize ourselves to get in a room and continue to refine a lot of those ideas and see what happens. I think as a whole this particular lineup has never really written together. We have in smaller groups…it could be great, it could be a disaster, you never know. We have three guitar players. You have three guitar players in a room together it’s always going to be volatile, but I shouldn’t say that because those guys are great. They actually work really great together, and they’re all so good. They’re the top of the heap, and for them to be able to work things out and present it the way we do every night live, it’s pretty amazing. I’m sure we can harness that energy and that vibe and get stuff recorded [vegas.com, October 24, 2012]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:33 pm

I guess soon we can change the thread title to: Work on new record in 2013? Razz
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:08 am

Yep! Smile

Should I start a new thread here in the rumour section about new songs being played in Las Vegas? I have kinda used to have such threads for the latest tours but they have always turned out to be FALSE so I don't know. It seems so farfetched that they will play something new...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am

Who knows, it pays out this time, to not expecting anything and being positively surprised for a change! Personally, I expect more or less similar setlists as on the European summer tour.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 am

I agree, but what the hell, let's start the thread anyways Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:20 am

All the guys are writing, and we recorded a lot of songs over the years.
We'll figure out what we feel best about
[USA Today, October 2012]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:22 am

With Axl chiming in and saying they are writing, I'll call this confirmed. There has been work on a record in 2012, but how close we are to the next record is completely up in the blue. My new guesstimate is 2015. I would be more surprised if it was released before 2015 than after.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:47 pm

According to a rumour over at mygrforum, someone claim Dj admitted to having been in the studio last Friday and recorded two new songs. MSL confirms the rumour claiming he asked a band member about it.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Complete with a faked picture of Frank and DJ in the studio..
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Yeah, but I do believe the original rumour.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 am

More from Dizzy:

We had a lot of stuff that we haven’t finished from the past, some great songs… I just hope it won’t take us to another 10 years [Jakarta Post, December 2, 2012]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Yeah, but I do believe the original rumour.

According to the latest interview with Bumblefoot, they did intend to record, even setting up equipment in Dj's studio, but never did record. So it seems that the rumour was false.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 am

Bumblefoot talked about making new music in the Metal Mayhem Interview:

I know Axl wants to. It’s just a question of, with so many outside things breaking focus and just little fires you always need to put out, we just need to focus on that. I’m hoping that we do. We’re not getting younger, and neither are our fans. Let’s do this.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next