APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The "Work on new record" thread

+9
Uli
puddledumpling
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Young_Gun
axl_wanna431340
DanyYo
Johan
Soulmonster
13 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Uli Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Wow, this comes kinda unexpected and sounds like GN'R really do work on new material!

Only this part sound kinda typical:

A 2015 release could/should happen, but he is not in a position to know any plans etc.

Heard this all before in regards to 2004 or 2005, but it took a little bit longer. Still hoping for something to happen SOON though... Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9470

Back to top Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 pm

I am faily confident the band have been working on songs and cautiously optimistic Axl has, too. It is still very hard to say when new music could be released, I guess it could be anywhere from next year till 2020, without completely excluding the possibility of it happening both sooner and later.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76672

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:43 am

There are similar things [=releasing an LP] on the horizon for Guns N' Roses and that's always going to be my main thing [...] Last I heard, there's a lot of music that's been recorded, alot of stuff that's done, a lot of stuff that is almost done, and it is just a matter of picking out songs that's gonna come out, you know, in the next phase, and last I heard, that's what is happening. [...] When it is ready to come out it will come out. [...] There's a lot [of material]. [...] there is stuff that has been recorded and conceived since [CD] as well. But I think that with everybody that's played on that stuff, it is fantastic music. I really hope it gets out, people need to hear it, it is great stuff [BackstageAxxess, November 2014].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:32 am

Richard talking about music they have worked on:

A lot of the new stuff that we've been working on, that, you now, some of the stuff that we've come in from nothing, and some of the stuff is stuff that we've been working on that were ideas that were there. Some of the stuff Slash did, that was like the beginning of, the seed of the song, you know, that's been around for long [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].

Being asked about writing new music:

Dj and I have worked on stuff. Nobody's worked on stuff with Ron [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].

There's so much stuff that's recorded. There is so much stuff that was done. I mean, there's three albums' worth of material, easy [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].

Being asked if Axl has sung on those three albums worth of material: Some of them, yeah, and some of them he is doing as we are here, 'cause I know this week he's recording a lot of stuff, vocally [Intimate guitar workshop with Richard, November 2014].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:46 pm

The quote about Axl being in the studio and recording vocals is the most exciting thing I have heard in quite a while. Of course, it doesn't at all suggest an imminent release, but it does suggest he is at least working on the next release.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Soulmonster wrote:The quote about Axl being in the studio and recording vocals is the most exciting thing I have heard in quite a while. Of course, it doesn't at all suggest an imminent release...

Yeah, I was thinking in very similar terms. Very Happy
(IF they checked the business side with the label beforehand, as Axl suggested in one of his interviews earlier, it might really be out in 2015. If not, it might as well be 2018...)
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Poor Ron. Nobody wants to write with him. Silent Cry
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7406

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:34 am

We never had lack of new material, we have tonnes of stuff. Like Axl, before I even came in to the thing, 5 plus years ago, he had 2 full albums worth of songs recorded professionally, like in a studio, like killer stuff he's played me [Rock City, January 2015].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:20 am

Not 100% certain if this is to do with a new album, but still an interesting piece of news...
http://tinyurl.com/kx28tbg

Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose has trademarked the name Stay of Execution. This is no late April Fool’s joke, you can see the full listing below.

See also:
http://tinyurl.com/mz7ghgm

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has trademarked the title Stay Of Execution for purposes unknown.

He actually filed for the trademark several months ago although there is no indication of what it will be used for.

Several members of the current incarnation have hinted recently that there is material around for a follow-up album to 2008's Chinese Democracy.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:04 pm

I would think it is a trademark name for the next Las Vegas residency, but hopefully we will soon find out Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:42 am

No surprising news here...

Added Reed: "It's good stuff. That will come out awesome. When will it come out? We just don't know yet. Only Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] knows, and he's very secretive. Be patient."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-keyboardist-dizzy-reed-only-axl-rose-knows-when-next-album-will-come-out/#KgmVBJtJIeDV02hL.99

http://tinyurl.com/pvmgmes
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:58 pm

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air. The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know. [...] There's a lot of stuff recorded that is in the can. I have no idea what will be used or scrapped or if we'll end up redoing it. I really have no idea as far as what's going on with that stuff [About Entertainment, July 15, 2015].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Updated with a couple more comments from Richard. Again, he is excited about a new record, says this is an amazing lineup, and admit they haven't really started recording for an album but have lots of ideas. Basically the same thing he has been saying now since at least 2011.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 am

Rumour's currently going around that an "insider" claimed there will be one new song on an upcoming live album by the band (said to be "Atlas Shrugged" with Duff and Slash on it). No idea how "legit" this is (probably not at all)...

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/26441-gnr-%F0%9F%92%AF-legit-insider-ama/&

Suspect
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:54 pm

I think MSL has been pushing thatg rumour. Oh well, let's hope.

In general, though, I don't like tacking studio songs on live records. What's the point? Sell more records? Why not put out a new studio record instead.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:26 am

Once again, just a rumour, hearsay, but...

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/axl-rose-parties-after-madison-square-garden-show/
Rose, 55, was at the new Fifteen Stories rooftop lounge at Mondrian Park Avenue after Guns N’ Roses’ Madison Square Garden show, “surrounded by women,” a spy said. Rose was overheard telling pals that “he and Slash are ‘getting along great’ and having so much fun rocking all of their old stuff and putting together some new stuff,” the spy said. “And that once he and Slash got past ‘stubbornness’ and talked to each other, everything became cool again really quickly, and reuniting was a simple decision after that.”

https://tinyurl.com/yd67sbnn
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Yeah, I can't take that seriously....but it would be great!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Well the tour is supposedly (again according to rumours) going to be continued into 2018... so there's still hope that any new stuff might be coming...
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:33 pm

I never lose hope! Very Happy

I am too busy to update the concert section (or a lack of motivation), but I will get to it soon. I am still here to post about stuff, anyway.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Soulmonster wrote:
I am too busy to update the concert section (or a lack of motivation)

Me too, but I've done it at newgnr (easier to handle for me, sorry). Embarassed

Btw, today I find this on the righthand side:

This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:
I am too busy to update the concert section (or a lack of motivation)

Me too, but I've done it at newgnr (easier to handle for me, sorry). Embarassed

Btw, today I find this on the righthand side:

This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update.

Oh, I will get to it soon enough.

Thanks for the heads up on the RSS problem, I will see if I can get it fixed this weekend.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:11 am

Any news on this? In my book more touring means less change of a new record..
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Johan wrote:Any news on this?..

Nothing to hear since above-mentioned rumours. Silent Cry

Other rumours say Slash is preparing a new album with Myles Kennedy & Co.
Duff is supposedly doing something new with Walking Papers.
Dizzy is about to release his solo album.

My guess: we'll be lucky to get one new song or CD leftover with added parts by Slash n' Duff (e.g. "Atlas Shrugged")!

We'll be very lucky if the band do get together to record a new album after this tour.
We might get a live album or blu/dvd. Mini shock

We'll be fortunate beyond words if the band stays together forever and releases one album after the other. Wink
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:29 am

Yeah, what Uli said. I do think this "reunion" has been far greater than expected. The music has been good and there has been no mishaps or problems. Professional is the right word and a rare word to use on GN'R. But has it been so good that the band are interested in releasing more music? I doubt it. But stranger things have happened in the world of Guns N' Roses Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:53 am

I can't help but thinking this must be GN'R this person is talking about!

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/01/himmmm-blind-item-4.html

This permanent A list rock group has apparently agreed to do something they said they'd never, ever do. Make another record with (most of) the original lineup. They just signed a deal with one of the top five most famous producers of all time to take the helm of the project. Among his stipulations was that every member of the band cede control to the producer, and if any single one member of the band departs or screws up? It is over. According to one member, no more half-hearted collaborative efforts for that band. At this point, why would they even try? Aside from the expense of paying off past lawsuits and alimony, they want the money. Apparently all that recent concert money they've recently earned has reminded them they were once that good. This should be interesting.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:40 am

I see this discussed on other forums. It could be other bands, too. Never a dull moment.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:55 pm

What other bands could it be? Not AC/DC, not Metallica, not Iron Maiden, not Black Sabbath..
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Some suggested Kiss or The Smashing Pumpkins (probably not an "A list" band though)...

Anyway, Dizzy seems to know nothing about any planned new stuff - I haven't listened to the whole thing, allegedly he says "new music has not been discussed and he knows nothing about any album plans. Alluded that he is out of the loop on any plans."
https://tinyurl.com/ybnl3xuv
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:07 am

Oh well...
Rumor: SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS Putting Finishing Touches On New Studio Album
https://tinyurl.com/ybakzh47
Slash's solo band, dubbed SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, is rumored to be putting the finishing touches on a new studio album for a fall release.

The GUNS N' ROSES guitarist has not officially confirmed that he is back in the studio working on the follow-up to 2014's "World On Fire", but it is believed that he and his bandmates have been laying down tracks since at least January.

Rumors of a new CONSPIRATORS disc were started last December when Slash's girlfriend Meegan Hodges told a fan on Instagram that the guitarist was in the studio with singer Myles Kennedy recording the next CONSPIRATORS album. But Kennedy claimed in a radio interview a short time later that there were no concrete plans for him to reunite with Slash and work on new music.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Work on new record? Non-existent. Silent Cry

As rumoured, Slash is preparing a new album with Myles & the Conspirators.
https://tinyurl.com/yajf2wct

With Slash having the opportunity to reunite with Axl Rose in Guns N' Roses, his work with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators has been on hold for a while, but no more. It's been confirmed that the guitar great has reconnected with Kennedy and his Conspirators for a third studio album.

The five-piece outfit, which also includes drummer Brent Fitz, bassist Todd Kerns and guitarist Frank Sidoris, recently re-entered the studio with producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette and they've started looking ahead to the fall for the release of their still-untitled third album. A North American tour is expected as well.

“I'm excited about the new stuff we put together for this next record; it's got some cool songs and it's got a great live feel.” explains Slash. "I've been working with Myles, Brent and Todd for about eight years now. It's been an amazing ride so far; as a band we continue to get better which is great. With the addition of Frank since the ‘World on Fire’ tour, I feel we have hit a great, creative stride which I definitely think shows on this next record."

However, this is not the end to his time in GN'R. The guitarist adds, "Guns N’ Roses will be headlining European festivals this summer, it’s going to be a 110 percent performance and a huge blast. I love doing European fests and this is the first time we’ve done any proper festivals over there on the 'Not in This Lifetime Tour.' It’s indescribable to explain these shows. I’m looking over and seeing Axl, Duff and Dizzy whom I’ve known forever, but it also feels like an entirely new experience with Richard, Frank and Melissa. It’s like being in a new band, except there’s a chemistry that is established from days of old, so it’s a natural thing that’s always been there."
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next