APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The "Work on new record" thread

+9
Uli
puddledumpling
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Young_Gun
axl_wanna431340
DanyYo
Johan
Soulmonster
13 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Johan Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:34 pm

I think he said something like that quite some times before..
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7406

Back to top Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Soulmonster Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:46 pm

New quotes from Richard:

we are preparing to record some new stuff. [...] We're working on it! [...][Dead Daisies Facebook page, April 2013].

He also seems to have confirmed that they plan to add Silkworms to their next release.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76672

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 pm

I have no idea why embedding doesn't work. It works in the preview mode...

Transcript:
Working on new stuff now [for GN'R]. So I'm trying to balance all this out. So far it's worked out alright. So far everything is good. Actually, Guns wanted to be touring right now in South America and I'd already committed to [The Dead Daisies], so we had to postpone that to next year, but I'm hoping that we get an album out very soon.[Noise 11, November 18, 2013]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:16 pm

I have no idea why embedding doesn't work. It works in the preview mode...

Transcript:
[A new record] is in the works. Right now, things are on hold for a little bit as far as playing. I think they're getting tracks together.[Noise 11, November 18, 2013]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 am

Bumblefoot: Honestly, I don't predict a new album soon, unless they release unreleased Chinese Democracy era songs..........[REDDIT AMA, December 2013]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm in LA now, doing rehearsals for a Guns N Roses tour of South America and then a 3 week residency in Las Vegas and a couple of festival shows. After that, I hope to finish up some more Dead Daisies songs and the rest of the next Guns N Roses album.[The Au Interview, March 2014]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Wow, "the rest of the next GN'R album" makes it sound like it's nearly finished!!  Very Happy 
When taking in account Bbf's comment above, it might indeed be some leftovers from the "Chinese Democracy" sessions...
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9470

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:58 pm

I believe so...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

I hope we would fucking throw ourselves in the studio and make another record. A bunch of us have been writing stuff, so hopefully we'll get something going.[Rolling Stones Magazine, April 2014]

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Heh, this newspaper took Richard on his word:

Los Angeles: Guns N' Roses is set to release a new album next year after a gap of seven years.

The rock band is working on new material that could be released in 2015, reported Billboard magazine.

"We are working on stuff and hopefully very soon we're going to have new stuff out. Well, in the next year," said Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus.

Guns N' Roses' DJ Ashba said that the group's members have been recording ideas in their home studios and passing them around to each other.

"We're going to be in Vegas all together, so hopefully during that time we're going to be able to get in a room and start laying down some more stuff," Fortus said.

The band's last album 'Chinese Democracy' was released in November 2008. Prior to its release, the band had not put out new music since the "The Spaghetti Incident?" in 1993.
Source: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140425/entertainment-tvmusic/article/guns-n-roses-release-new-album-2015
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:54 am

We have tons of material, you know. Before I even joined the band there was three albums [...], tons of songs already recorded that Axl's been playing [with?]. Of course, I am a writer, everybody in the band writes so everybody has their own pile of songs, too, so lack of material isn't our problem, you know, it is taking all the material we have and making sense of it and fitting it into what we think would be a kick-ass album [Talking Metal, April 2014]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:44 am

A bulgarian music media reflects this interview like "new album is comming'"...
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4884

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:26 am

More than that, the residency will give the band some much-needed time together to weed through about three albums worth of already recorded, but not-yet-released music for a new album, Ashba said.

“This is going to be a great opportunity for this band, to finally be in one place for a solid month,” he said.

Source: http://blog.vegas.com/las-vegas-shows/guns-n-roses-shooting-for-kick-ass-residency-in-las-vegas-46252/
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 26, 2014 2:47 pm

There’s a sh*tload of [unreleased material]. It’s there. It’s just a matter of—once it gets to a certain point, I’m not sure who’s going to make that decision, but there are songs that are done or close to being done that just need to be selected and grouped together and released. That’s where things are at with that [Las Vegas Weekly, May 2014].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 29, 2014 12:48 pm

We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard [Revolver Magazine, May 2014]

This certainly looks promising Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Thu May 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Axl talking about the new stuff - this is certainly something that hasn't happened in a long time! However I'm not holding my breath, because when they'll start "looking" after Vegas, it can still take a long time until anything will be confirmed...
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Yep. Still, I am happy he wants to release more music, even that wasn't certain before this interview.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 30, 2014 10:53 am

Dj has a live chat going. I asked: Axl talked about CDII being "already recorded", do you know if it is completely mixed and mastered and ready for the shelves, and did you contribute to it?

Dj's answer: It is not ready to hit shelves but whatever we release next i will be apart of

Surprised I was able to get a serious question in and that he would answer. Too many young girls and Brazilians.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri May 30, 2014 12:06 pm

Soulmonster wrote:Yep. Still, I am happy he wants to release more music, even that wasn't certain before this interview.

Yes, it was good to read these words from Axl himself.  Cool 
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:19 am

Dj just said on some radio show that Axl's got two album worth of songs from before, and that all the members have written additional songs (Dj has written 13-14 songs). So it is not lack of material that is the reason why no new album has been released, he said.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:27 am

Just lack of any focus.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7406

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Johan wrote:Just lack of any focus.

Not a real surprise when you look at how recordings for CD went. Axl being there for many hours, then disappearing for a week... and this way it was on/off for years (literally).
I did re-read a Tom Zutaut interview not long ago (who tried to get Axl to finish the album around 2001/2 and almost made it...):

Axl Rose’s irregular time keeping was also causing its own problems. “He’d come to the studio once or twice a week,” Zutaut says, “and then we might be there for two weeks because he stays to work on stuff. Or he might come at four in the afternoon and work ’til midnight the next day. It didn’t bother me, because this was how GN’R had always operated. Whether it’s Axl, Duff, Slash or Izzy or whoever, when these guys want to record, you record ’em. This is not a nine-to-five job for them.”
http://www.guitarworld.com/guns-n-roses-chinese-whispers?page=0,5
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:18 am

Dizzy talks about new songs:

In recent conversations with a lot of publications you guys have insinuated new music is coming. How likely do you think we’ll get to hear a new GNR album or song in the foreseeable future?

Ah, insinuation. I really hope that it happens this year and there’s still a lot of time left, so let’s just shoot for that.

http://tinyurl.com/pnkwkl5

http://tinyurl.com/ptj95ut

Last edited by Uli on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:34 pm

I really hope that [a new record] happens this year and there’s still a lot of time left, so let’s just shoot for that [Metal Insider, June 2014]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:28 am

That's the plan, although we haven't really discussed it for a while. There's a lot of stuff people need to hear that's ready to come out. It's gonna happen, I just don't have an actual date for you yet. My fingers are crossed, but they're getting a little bit looser. I think it'll be happening soon [The Rock Revival, June 2014]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 pm

There is a lot of stuff in the can and a lot of stuff that needs to come out and will come out. I think it’s just finishing touches on a few things. It’s getting the right songs to put out in the right package. It’ll come out when it’s ready to come out, but it’s definitely there.[The HUB, September 2014]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:56 am

We are planning on doing quite a bit of touring [in 2015]. The focus is getting in a studio and putting together what we all feel is the best Guns N’ Roses record. Lack of material is not an issue. We have tons of stuff. Axl has two full albums that he has recorded, he has played me a bunch of songs off of that, are incredible! I can’t wait to get in and kind of dive into those as well. I’ve written tons of songs & demoed up a bunch of stuff. I think it is just a matter of getting in & sifting through the piles of material[Legendary Rock Interviews, September 2014].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:54 am

Well, we hope so. That’s our main focus. Lack of songs is not our problem. It’s just getting into the studio. And there’s been more and more talk about getting in there before the end of the year, which I’m really excited about. [...] The stuff I’ve written sounds like classic Guns N’ Roses. It’s very much what I grew up on, what I loved about the band. So that’s kind of the direction that my songs. [...] Axl, of course, has, I believe, two complete albums worth of songs already recorded and probably a shit-load of other stuff I’ve never heard. He’s played me quite a bit of stuff that’s phenomenal, and, hopefully, I can get my hands on it and put my little stamp on it, before all is said and done [Guitar International, October 2014]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:34 am

There's a lot of material that's already done and I think it's in the process of being finished and eventually we'll pick out which songs need to come out with which other songs. So that's in the works. Hopefully it will be out really soon [VH Radio Network, October 2014]

We've all been at it. We've all been, you know, handing files back and forth to one another in various combinations of different people, but also there is quite a bit of material that still needs to be finished and needs to be released. And so one or both of those things is gonna happen [Pulse of Radio, October (?) 2014]
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:26 pm

"rhiad85" at mygnrforum attended a guitar workshop with Richard and posted the following information:

I brought up the question of songwriting in GNR, mentioning quotes like Ron saying they’ve never written material together, DJ sending 10 demos to Axl etc. Possible new music in contention includes unreleased Buckethead/Finck material, DJ and Richard have written together, and Axl has been building songs based on ideas from the band. There are even some bits originating from Slash, which I assume are from the 95-96 sessions and rerecorded by an existing member. As for Ron, I should be careful because I can’t quote Richard directly, but my understanding was that he (Ron) hasn’t made any contributions.

Axl is “as we speak” working on new music (not sure if this means composing and/or recording vocals), and when Richard finishes with Dead Daisies in Australia, he is returning to GNR sessions. He also repeated the line about 2 or 3 albums of material in the can - I asked if that includes vocals/lyrics, and he said there are. A 2015 release could/should happen, but he is not in a position to know any plans etc.

Some other small bits of info - quoted the “Checkmate” song (aka all cautions made, every chance was given etc), but he didn’t recognise it. I asked him about the 2006 orchestral intro - this is part of a new/unreleased song, but he wasn’t sure if it was in contention. Buckethead and Finck’s guitar parts are also still intact.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next