APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The "Work on new record" thread

+9
Uli
puddledumpling
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Young_Gun
axl_wanna431340
DanyYo
Johan
Soulmonster
13 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Blackstar Wed May 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Soulmonster wrote:The next issue of Kerrang! features Duff with the title "Duff McKagan: Life, Loss And The Future Of Guns N’ Roses". It will probably be interesting and shed some light on a new possible record. If I understand thigs correctly, Kerrang! is issued every week or so, so hopefully any statements from Duff are fresh.

Not more than the usual...
[...]Which leads us to the interview’s inevitable final topic: when’s this new Guns N’ Roses album coming? Should people lay a bet on it happening?

“I don’t know, although you guys do bet a lot here in the UK.”

Stop deflecting.

“I am deflecting, aren’t I. Well, we do have some gigs coming up.”

Go on…

“We have some gigs coming up in the fall.”

And could these gigs coincide with the arrival of new material?

“Maybe, who knows?” And here Duff Mckagan unfurls his easy, playful smile; often present and always flickering.

“I will tell you this,” he says, “anything could happen. It’s Guns N’ Roses.”
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3894-2019-05-08-kerrang-duff-mckagan-life-loss-the-future-of-guns-n-roses#14451
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87691

Back to top Go down

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The "Work on new record" thread

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 08, 2019 12:44 pm

Great that you found it. I don't think they would tease about the issue if something wasn't seriously happening. But still they understand that everything can derail at any moment, so better to not make any committing statements they have to backtrack later. I am optimistic!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76673

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed May 29, 2019 7:22 am

From Slash's latest interview:
Now this is a little bit different because you do have some Guns N’ Roses dates on festivals and stuff along with doing the Conspirators gigs, right?

Slash: Well, no. Actually the last shows - the end of the tour, is, like, August. I can’t remember the exact date.

I got ya.

Slash: And then, come September-October, we turn on the Guns thing, and then that goes from there. After those Guns dates, the festival dates, we’ll be working on the record and [line cut out - interruption]

[...]

I was just saying, it’s the biggest cliffhanger I’ve ever had in an interview. You were talking about the brand new record and all of a sudden it just cut out. So...

Slash (laughs): [...] Yeah, when we finish the tour in the fall, then we will commence on working a little bit on what's gonna be the next Guns record.

Yeah, the last time I talked to you or Duff a couple of months back, you weren’t really sure if were gonna do it. You were kinda saying, “Never say never” and stuff like that. So it’s pretty much set on stone now. You guys are ready to go with the new record, or at least are in the writing process and the whole thing.

Slash: Yeah, the thing is that we had’t really done anything yet. And I don’t want to indicate anything like, “Oh wow!” [...] I just wanted to be honest about it, and so there was really no telling what we were gonna do at that point. But at this point, I do know that we’re gonna do this one, and we’ve already started working on stuff, so there you go.

Yeah, I know. There’s rumors that you were at Axl’s house a few weeks ago or something. Can you comment on anything about that?

Slash: It’s funny, cuz there was a rumor that I was over there, yeah, and before I’d even been there. [...] It was a pain in the ass and annoying. But I’m excited about what we’ve got going on and everything, so it’s gonna be cool. It's freakin' awesome.

It’s really cool to hear it right straight from your mouth, cuz you there are so many rumors and people just spit stuff out on the net, as you well know. [...]
https://www.a-4-d.com/t3942-2019-05-28-wrif-detroit-talkin-rock-with-meltdown-interview-with-slash-audio

Last edited by Blackstar on Wed May 29, 2019 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 29, 2019 7:38 am

Couldn't be better!!!! Mini shock Geek Noonomonomo Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:56 pm

According to the member "Mustard Tiger" on mygnrforum, Planet Rock UK reported that there will be possibly a song on a movie soundtrack towards the end of the year and an EP early next year.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:18 am

Slash: "Obviously, everybody knows that we're working on new material, which is really exciting, and so, that's really primarily what the focus is. […] Everybody has been sort of, like, when we're in town, working on it. And then when we're out of town, obviously not. So it's been that kind of thing. [...] I think at the end of the day, everybody wants to have a full album released. I don't think that's really changed all that much. But there's a different way of putting stuff out initially nowadays more so than… I mean, there's always been the single, but now you sort of look at that preliminary release a little bit differently now. All things considered, it's like the Wild West out there; there is no formula for any of it. [Laughs] I haven't seen any routine kind of thing that works. I mean, you can do any one of a million different things to releasing a record. But at the end of the day, I think that we will ultimately release a full album" [Sirius XM Trunk Nation, September 9, 2019].

This is mightily exciting!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:34 am

With Hard School being on the setlist, I wonder if that means it is likely to be on the next album/EP? At least they must have rehearsed it together.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:20 am

An account on Reddit claiming to be Fernando Lebeis has stated that GN'R will release new music within 6 months. According to mygnrforum, the claim is real.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:51 am

Soulmonster wrote:...Fernando Lebeis has stated that GN'R will release new music within 6 months. According to mygnrforum...

Well that is a clear timeframe here, we'll wait and see (not very patiently, though)! Cool
First rumours about artwork, announcements etc. should be coming soon.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:27 pm

The lack of posts since 2019 in this thread makes me sad. Will there ever be another album or will it be the classics tour forever?
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7407

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Johan wrote:The lack of posts since 2019 in this thread makes me sad. Will there ever be another album or will it be the classics tour forever?

I am confident we are getting a new album. Fernando has said as much. Jarmo seems to think it. Slash has talked about working on songs and recording. People around have indicated they are working on a new record. They rehearsed Hardschool. Yeah, I think we will get one either before the tour later this year, or within the next 10 years.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:58 am

Soulmonster wrote:
Yeah, I think we will get one either before the tour later this year, or within the next 10 years.

Ha, I love the timeframe you're giving here! XD

Sounds realistic too! Crazy
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:12 am

Uli wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:
Yeah, I think we will get one either before the tour later this year, or within the next 10 years.

Ha, I love the timeframe you're giving here!  XD

Sounds realistic too! Crazy

Gotta be openminded to various scenarios here. One can never reject the possibility that it takes a decade when it comes to GN'R. That's just how it is.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:54 pm

In the best scenario it is actually done and they are sitting on it because it would be horrible timing to release it now when they cannot even tour it.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat May 01, 2021 6:32 am

Johan wrote:In the best scenario it is actually done and they are sitting on it because it would be horrible timing to release it now when they cannot even tour it.

I actually believe this to be the case. Doesn't mean it will actually be released when they can tour it, things can still fall apart.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri May 07, 2021 5:32 pm

Axl's very proficient in sitting on records The "Work on new record" thread - Page 6 1f600
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 07, 2021 10:27 pm

Johan wrote:Axl's very proficient in sitting on records  The "Work on new record" thread - Page 6 1f600

Absolute the best!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri May 21, 2021 5:24 pm

I could do with some news about it though!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Johan wrote:I could do with some news about it though!

Couldn't we all! Maybe I should reach out for some news, see if I can get something out of Team Brazil.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 28, 2021 3:13 pm

According to this article: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/slash-amplitube-demos Slash says that he anticipates new music from GN'R this year and that he has made a bunch of demo songs for the band. After listening to the video in the article, though, the part of new music wasn't there and I don't believe those demos were necessarily for GN'R.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 pm

Soulmonster wrote:According to this article: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/slash-amplitube-demos Slash says that he anticipates new music from GN'R this year and that he has made a bunch of demo songs for the band. After listening to the video in the article, though, the part of new music wasn't there and I don't believe those demos were necessarily for GN'R.
I believe the part about anticipating new music from GN'R is based on what Slash has said in other interviews.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Blackstar wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:According to this article: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/slash-amplitube-demos Slash says that he anticipates new music from GN'R this year and that he has made a bunch of demo songs for the band. After listening to the video in the article, though, the part of new music wasn't there and I don't believe those demos were necessarily for GN'R.

I believe the part about anticipating new music from GN'R is based on what Slash has said in other interviews.

Probably. And I believe the bit on the demos being for GN'R is just willful thinking.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri May 05, 2023 3:04 pm

Almost 2 years nothing new in this thread. Sad! Sad
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 05, 2023 3:11 pm

Johan wrote:Almost 2 years nothing new in this thread. Sad! Sad

Yeah, nothing much to report or discuss. Hopefully he will hear something soon, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:13 pm

The "Work on new record" thread - Page 6 Uten_251

I would think this was to listen to the mixes for the next singles to be released.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:21 pm

He's a live sound engineer, though. Maybe they just wanted to listen to the live mix of the show in Oslo to make sure that the band will sound good at Glastonbury.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:30 pm

That's right.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:33 pm

Urk, the more I think about this, the more it just seems like preparation for Glastonbury.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:48 pm

So apparently Slash recorded guitars for something a few days ago, but who knows if it's related.

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:51 pm

sp1at at GNRevolution: The studio wouldn't elaborate, but it was studio recordings mixed in LA they were listening to.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next