APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2000.02.DD - Japanese Radio - Telephone Interview with Brian May

Go down

2000.02.DD - Japanese Radio - Telephone Interview with Brian May Empty 2000.02.DD - Japanese Radio - Telephone Interview with Brian May

Post by Blackstar Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:35 pm

[...]

Brian: So, like, last week, I was in Los Angeles to play on the Guns N' Roses record. It's very interesting.

Hikaru: Wow!

Brian: Yeah. Something very nice and different. But, hum... I just went on the plane. And I took my guitar with me. And  they met me the other end. And they said "Why you brought your original guitar?" And I said "yeah" [when I] play some[thing] important, I always wanna play on [this] guitar.

Hikaru: Yeah. It sounds like a vocalist type attitude toward music. Because, like, we, we come, as a singer, I can't change my vocal codes, like, another vocal code. Just, you know, and a lot guitarists, like, have many many guitars. And they can always change. But, that's special...

Brian: Yeah. Yeah. I very seldom play anything else. My guitar... it's funny you say that. Because I always wanted my guitar to be a voice. That was kind a my dream that the guitar would have that expression that you would feel like someone was singing to you.

Hikaru: Yeah. That's what I always felt from listening to your music.

Brian: Great.

Hikaru: Yeah.

Brian: I'm very glad. Yeah, that's the way I want my guitar to be, you know. I was lucky to find that.

Hikaru: Yeah. Wow...I didn't know you could hand make guitars like that.

Brian: (laughs) Well, not many people do.

Hikaru: Yeah. (laughs)

Brian: We put a lot of time. It took us two years to make the thing.

Hikaru: That's special.

Brian: Yeah, it...it's special (laughs)

Hikaru: When is the Guns N' Roses thing coming? Is that gonna be out soon?

Brian: Yeah, well, it's a long time project. They'd been really..., from the inception I think it's 5 years  since they started making the record. But they made many many many tracks. And now they've chosen just a few they want to be on the first new record. And I think it's very good stuff. I was very impressed, Axl is singing fantastically. I mean, actually such a unique sound and style. I don't know if you know his work very much. But..

Hikaru: Yeah, yeah, I'm their fan too, yeah...

Brian: Yeah,  it's very passionate and very... very exciting, you know. And I was happy to play some stuff on that. I think it will be out on...,they talked about spring, I think, you know, late spring probably and maybe they can tour in the summer.

[...]

https://brianmay.com/brian/radio/japaneseradio/japaneseradio.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down