APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.08.07 - Billboard - McKagan, McCready To Rock Seattle Tattoo Expo

Go down

2008.08.07 - Billboard - McKagan, McCready To Rock Seattle Tattoo Expo Empty 2008.08.07 - Billboard - McKagan, McCready To Rock Seattle Tattoo Expo

Post by Blackstar Sat May 15, 2021 11:29 am

McKagan, McCready To Rock Seattle Tattoo Expo

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Velvet Revolver's Duff McKagan and Pearl Jam's Mike McCready will rock out with their side projects in the coming days as part of the seventh annual Seattle Tattoo Expo, which kicks off tomorrow (Aug. 8) at the Seattle Center.

Both McKagan's Loaded and McCready's Flight to Mars will play an event after-party tomorrow night at El Corazon. Loaded will also play Sunday at the Expo, which is hosting a concert stage all weekend featuring Nashville Pussy, Nevermore, Tiger Army and many others. For tickets and information, visit SeattleTattooExpo.com.

McKagan fits right in at Tattoo Expo, considering he has 13 of them, the most recent of which he obtained last Friday. "My wife and I have been riding motorcycles a lot lately, and she told me I needed to get a skull tattoo," he tells Billboard.com. "The guy started in on it right in this really sensitive area. I always realize what a sh*tty idea it is. I love the result but the process sucks."

For McKagan, the shows will find him unveiling material from Loaded's debut album, due early next year via Century Media. A five-song EP will precede it in September.

"These are purely my songs. It's probably more derivative of my earlier years of punk rock," he says by way of description. "It's a good rock'n'roll band. It's fun, is what it is. There's no real business and no real drama. I'm really into no drama right now," he adds, noting Scott Weiland's recent rancorous departure from Velvet Revolver.

McKagan formed Loaded while he was taking business classes in Seattle earlier in the decade. "I started my college band in my 30s," he laughs. "At spring break, we'd go play Japan and sh*t. Then Velvet Revolver started, but Loaded kind of kept going. We play charity events every Christmas. More and more people are coming to see us play, so we decided we'd make a record."

https://web.archive.org/web/20080808110342/http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003836390
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum