APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.02.20 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke On His Upcoming Solo Album 'The Gospel Truth' (& related articles)

Go down

2020.02.20 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke On His Upcoming Solo Album 'The Gospel Truth' (& related articles) Empty 2020.02.20 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke On His Upcoming Solo Album 'The Gospel Truth' (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 am

Ex-Guns N' Roses Guitarist Gilby Clarke On His Upcoming Solo Album 'The Gospel Truth': 'I'm Not Trying To Reinvent The Wheel'

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke recently released a single, "Rock N Roll Is Getting Louder", via Golden Robot Records. A true stormer of a track in pure Gilby fashion, it is rock and roll doused in the influences that run through Gilby's veins.

Gilby stated about the track: "The song is about having a rebellious spirit. Rock and roll means many things: rebelling, freedom and being who you are on your own terms — not following whatever's now in vogue. Therefore, 'Rock N Roll Is Getting Louder' means 'I am what I am, I won't change that, and I stand up for things that are important to me, even if it's not popular.'"

"Rock N Roll Is Getting Louder" is taken from Clarke's first solo album in 15 years, "The Gospel Truth", which will be released later this year via Golden Robot Records. The disc was produced and written by Gilby at his Los Angeles recording studio, Redrum Recording, where he's also helmed records for such artists as L.A. Guns, The Bronx, Beat Angels, Bullets And Octane and many more. The album was mixed by Grammy Award winner Chris Lord-Alge and mastered by Maor Appelbaum. Joining Gilby on the LP are Muddy Stardust on bass, Kenny Aronoff (John Mellencamp, John Fogerty, Chickenfoot) on drums, along with Matt Starr (Ace Frehley, Mr. Big) and Chad Stewart (Fastar Pussycat, L.A. Guns) on backing vocals.

When asked how his new music may be different to his previous material, Gilby said: "I don't think it's very different at all. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. I have found the music that I like as an artist and a musician. It's important that I get better at it and try new things, but I like rock and roll, and loud guitars are good for the soul."

Clarke also discussed his songwriting process, saying: "I always start with a good guitar riff, then add the devil's drumbeat. It's good when you can put some interesting lyrics to it, too. I always try to find a new way of saying something simple. I don't like to complicate my lyrics, but I never duplicate them either."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-gilby-clarke-on-his-upcoming-solo-album-the-gospel-truth-im-not-trying-to-reinvent-the-wheel
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

2020.02.20 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke On His Upcoming Solo Album 'The Gospel Truth' (& related articles) Empty Re: 2020.02.20 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke On His Upcoming Solo Album 'The Gospel Truth' (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 am

In April 2020, Gilby released a music video for the single. And in June, he released a second single from the then upcoming album. Blabbermouth, June 29, 2020:

Ex-Guns N' Roses Guitarist Gilby Clarke Releases 'The Gospel Truth' Single

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke has released "The Gospel Truth", the second single from his forthcoming album of the same name.

The truth is whatever someone says out loud, no one is accountable and it’s puzzling. Reflecting on an upbringing within the Catholic church, Clarke touches upon the idea that honesty shouldn't come from fear, and encourages the listener to be brave, say what you mean, and mean what you say.

This past April, Clarke released the official music video for his previous single, "Rock N Roll Is Getting Louder". The Christopher C. Pearson-directed clip was shot in Palmdale, California and downtown Los Angeles, while the band performance footage was filmed in Hollywood club Oh My Ribs!

Gilby's live band members bass player EJ Curse (Silent Rage, White Lion) and drummer Jimmy D'Anda (Bulletboys, George Lynch) both appear in the video, along with some great cameos by Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats), Taime Downe (Faster Pussycat), Jimmy Herald (Hillbilly Herald) and Teddy "Zig Zag" Andreadis (Guns N' Roses, Carole King, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Alice Cooper).

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-gilby-clarke-releases-the-gospel-truth-single
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2020.02.20 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke On His Upcoming Solo Album 'The Gospel Truth' (& related articles) Empty Re: 2020.02.20 - Press Release/Blabbermouth - Gilby Clarke On His Upcoming Solo Album 'The Gospel Truth' (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 am

Another event related to Gilby in 2020 (Teddy Andreadis and Roberta Freeman also participated in it); Press release/Blabbermouth, February 17, 2020 :

Vinny Appice, Gilby Clarke, Steve Lucather, Marc Bonilla, Others To Perform At 'Change AB5' Event

Ultimate Jam Night, the long-running community-oriented music show in residency at the Whisky A Go Go, and Independent Music Professionals United present "Change AB5", a night of music and unity to raise awareness surrounding the damaging effects of California's new AB5 law on California's music professionals.

The event will be Tuesday, February 18 at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California. Doors open at 8 p.m., and, keeping with Ultimate Jam Night policy, entry is free of charge to anyone over 21 years of age.

Confirmed artists:

* Steve Lukather (Toto)
* Marc Bonilla
* Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath, Last In Line)
* Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses)
* Teddy "Zig Zag" Andreadis (Guns N' Roses, Billy Bob Thornton)
* Brent Woods (Sebastian Bach, Taylor Hawkins & The Coat Tail Riders)
* Chuck Wright (Quiet Riot)
* Norwood Fisher (Fishbone)
* Scott Page
* Roberta Freeman
* Jorgan Carlson (Gov't Mule)
* Joe Travers (The Zappa Band, Joe Satriani)
* Will Champlin ("The Voice")
* Katisse Buckingham (The Yellowjackets)
* Sean McNabb (Dokken, Lynch Mob)
* Walter Ino (Eagles Of Death Metal)
* Matt Starr (Ace Frehley)
* Ira Black (Dark Sky Choir)
* Jon Levin (Dokken)
* Jennifer Oberle (Vertical Horizon)
* Steve Weingart (Chaka Khan)
* Fred Aching (Powerflo)
* Phil Soussan (Ozzy Osbourne, Last In Line)
* Johnny Griparic
* Rev Jones (Fuel)
* Toshi Yanagi
* Singers from Valley Opera and Performing Arts; Los Angeles Opera
* Orchestral strings from Academy Awards and other ceremonies

Speakers include Ari Herstand from Independent Music Professionals United, and others impacted by the current law.

The Assembly bill went into effect January 1, making it harder to label workers as independent contractors. The goal of the bill is to make sure companies aren't using freelancers to save money by skirting labor laws that guarantee protections such as paid sick days, health care benefits, overtime pay and the ability to unionize.

Although it was initially targeted at companies like Uber and Lyft, AB5 has cost freelance writers, musicians and others jobs, cost them needed income, made it harder for them to find work and, in many cases, jeopardized their livelihood.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/vinny-appice-gilby-clarke-steve-lukather-marc-bonilla-others-to-perform-at-change-ab5-event
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 am

Gilby also released a cover of Born To Lose; Blabbermouth, July 20, 2020:

Ex-Guns N' Roses Guitarist Gilby Clarke Covers Heartbreakers' 'Born To Lose' (Video)

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke has teamed up with bassist EJ Curse and drummer Troy Patrick Farrell to record a cover version of Heartbreakers' "Born To Lose". The track, which was originally released as part of "The Bowery Electric Presents: Live Premiere Series", was produced by Gilby at his Los Angeles recording studio, Redrum Recording, where he's also helmed records for such artists as L.A. Guns, The Bronx, Beat Angels, Bullets And Octane and many more.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-gilby-clarke-covers-heartbreakers-born-to-lose-video
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down