APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.03.02 - National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show - Live Chat with Bumblefoot

Go down

2013.03.02 - National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show - Live Chat with Bumblefoot Empty 2013.03.02 - National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show - Live Chat with Bumblefoot

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:34 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down

2013.03.02 - National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show - Live Chat with Bumblefoot Empty Re: 2013.03.02 - National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show - Live Chat with Bumblefoot

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:35 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal took part in a live chat on Saturday, March 2 from the 2013 National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show.

Asked about the possibility of the current Guns N' Roses lineup releasing a new album in the near future, Thal said: "You know what?! Just forget about a new record until it happens. I mean, I can't even begin… How long have we been talking about a new fucking record? And I'm the only that doesn't bullshit you people about it and I say, no, we haven't been in the studio together; no, we haven't started writing together as a band."

He continued: "If something came out at this point, it would be very old material that is just being released now. So it would be unheard material, but to me, I don't consider that a new record, I consider that just releasing old material from a band that doesn't exist anymore. And we need to make an album of this band right now. And I hit up Axl again two days ago. I was, like, 'Hey, while we're in Australia, let's make some music. Let's work on some stuff.' But we'll see what happens.

"I'm all about making music; that's why I make music — to make music. So I'd like to really do that.I would be very happy if Guns N' Roses could do that. We'll see what happens. That's all I can say. I mean, at this point, we're just doing shows and doing shows and doing shows. And the shows are great and we're having fun and everything. But I've got the itch. I've had the itch for a long fucking time. I wanna make some music with these motherfuckers. It's a damn good band and we should really have the opportunity to give what we can to all of you, and make some music for you.

"If anyone reads any of my long-ass interviews where I am ranting like I am right now, you know how I feel about it and that's what I'm about. All I can say is, look, it's not up to me. It's gotta be unanimous, so I hope unanimously at some point everyone says, 'Alright, let's just put life to the side, everything to the side, and just focus on this and make it happen and make some music together.' I think it would be fucking great, and I hope it happens.

"But as far as seeing a new album in the future, I don't see it in the near future, no. It's gonna be a while — if it's gonna be with this band writing from the beginning.

"So, yeah, there's reality for you. I wish I had something better I can tell you, guys, because we all want the same thing — we want new music; me and you.

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-just-forget-about-a-new-record-until-it-happens/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down