APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

+32
Dazey
Blackstar
FRANSAD
NeetziD
denitza
rosesforcure
sipuli
martingonzo
bacardimayne
J.Hanover
GN'R-Norway
King Nothing
KuraiFusai
HBK
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Angeles_
iftheworld
Broskirose
axl_wanna431340
GnR587
Johan
puddledumpling
Uli
bumb.l.foot
Monique
Gott
DanyYo
Soulmonster
DruDiet
seely
36 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:33 pm

TSC could still be here The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 3 34879
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76745

Back to top Go down

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 3 Empty IM A BIG AXL ROSE FAN

Post by axl_wanna431340 Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:41 am

I WANNA BE JUST LIKE HIM, I NEVER HAD A DAD, AND I LOOKED UP TO HIM
axl_wanna431340
axl_wanna431340

Plectra : 4554

Back to top Go down

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

Post by Soulmonster Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:08 am

Welcome! axl_wanna431340 Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Broskirose Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 am

yo
Broskirose
Broskirose

Plectra : 4407

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 am

Hi there and welcome here. We have a recruitment program going, if you can recruit new members you get extra points (=plectra).
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri May 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Such a shame that most new users don't stick around to become regulars..
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7417

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Johan wrote:Such a shame that most new users don't stick around to become regulars..

Yes. But sooner or later it will happen. Hopefully before I publish my first Axl Rose interview...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri May 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Publishing that WILL attract a shitload of people Very Happy.

I would be interested how you pulled it off, if it is ever going to happen!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri May 11, 2012 5:30 pm

If I ever manage to do it I guess persistence will be key.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by iftheworld Sun May 13, 2012 10:29 pm

iftheworld here. Some of you might know me from mygnr. If you do, you probably know that I'm not the most liked guy there due to my views towards Axl & Guns (all positive). I can't believe I've passed this place by. I might get comfy for awhile.

-iftheworld
iftheworld
iftheworld

Plectra : 4394

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeles_ Mon May 14, 2012 1:39 am

Hello everyone!! I'm Angeles The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 3 90521 here too!!! ready to have fun!!!The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 3 591921268
Angeles_
Angeles_

Plectra : 4477

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 14, 2012 6:56 am

Welcome!!

The place should be quite self-explanatory, but if there's any function or feature you are not sure about, just ask me.

We have a rank system here, as you post more you advance in ranks. Each rank has its own badge shown below your avatar. The ranks are taken from different jobs/titles of people working in or with a rock and roll band on tour. So you will advance through lowly ranks like groupies and tour bus drivers, all the way to manager and frontman.

We also have a secondary rank system called the "plectra system". Each time you post, each time someone likes your post, each time you recruit a new member, etc, you are awarded plectra. So basically, the more plectra you have, the more valuable you are as a member. It is similar to post counts, but a little bit more advanced and more representative of your value to the forum. Plectra can be used as a currency to buy stuff at the forum (own blog, unique additional badges, access to VIP area, etc).

But enough said! Hope you'll like it here Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Voodoochild Mon May 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi there, I'm Bruno. People may know me from HTGTH or MyGNR. I'm from Brazil and I'm not related to the Lebeis family. Do I get extra points for that? Very Happy
Voodoochild
Voodoochild

Plectra : 4428

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm

No, actually, you'd get lots of points if you were a Lebeis because I am still trying to get hold of Beta or Fernando to set up an interview with Axl....

Regardless of your family name: WELCOME!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn_Smooth Mon May 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Hello everybody. I'm from MyGNR.

I love the database that's already been collected here, and hopefully we can get the forums going to the level that the site deserves.

Thanks for all of the work that went in to it.
Damn_Smooth
Damn_Smooth

Plectra : 4508

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Tue May 15, 2012 6:30 am

Hello new people. I have never visited MyGNR so I don't know what it's been like there.
I love reading fan reviews of shows so if you see any on this tour that just started in Moscow please plug them into the live show database and I, for one, will enjoy the read (good spelling not necessary).
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6702

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 am

Damn_Smooth wrote:Hello everybody. I'm from MyGNR.

I love the database that's already been collected here, and hopefully we can get the forums going to the level that the site deserves.

Thanks for all of the work that went in to it.

Thank you and welcome!

Speaking of getting the forums going, we do have a recruitment campaign going here. For each new member you recruit you get 100 plectra. It's a quick way of rising in our very own cursus honorum.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Tue May 15, 2012 10:49 am

Welcome Iftheworld, Angeles_, Voodoochild & Damn_Smooth!

I hope you have a good time here. It would be cool to get the level of active members up!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HBK Wed May 16, 2012 11:00 pm

HBK The Legend Here From Chile, My Web:

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroseschile

Good Luck Gunners !!!

HBK
HBK

Plectra : 4385

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 17, 2012 8:28 am

HBK wrote:HBK The Legend Here From Chile, My Web:

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroseschile

Good Luck Gunners !!!

Welcome! I hope you will enjoy the site and what it has to offer. We also have a recruitment campaign going that no one has taken advantage yet, you could be the first. Let me know of you have any questions or problems.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by KuraiFusai Thu May 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi I'm KuraiFusai (AKA: KiraMPD @ MyGNR)

Nice site! Smile
KuraiFusai
KuraiFusai

Plectra : 4384

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi and welcome! Smile. Is that your own drawing of your own eye? Beautiful and beautiful Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by King Nothing Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Hey, I'm "Axl Rose aka God" from myGNR and I decided to sign up here. I love the layout and design of the forum, it looks awesome. I love the interactivity as well, the poll on the right side is an awesome idea.

King Nothing
King Nothing

Plectra : 4372

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Thank you and welcome! Smile.

I think we are well covered in features and content, we only need more members to get more discussions, I guess. So exploit the recruitment campaign we have going and get your friends to sign up U rock
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GN'R-Norway Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi, I'm a kid from Norway, been to two GN'R shows, and love all the albums Smile)
GN'R-Norway
GN'R-Norway

Plectra : 4302

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Hi and welcome! Smile

You've been to two shows in Norway, then?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 3 Empty Hello

Post by J.Hanover Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 am

I've been a fan of GN'R now for 25+ years. They have been my favorite band since I was 14 years old and have seen it all with them. My first concert was Monsters of Rock at the LA Coliseum. One of the best shows, sad to say that was my last until now, I'll be in Vegas in November. I love this band from the OG line-up to the current line-up. I love all the music from the Ep Live like a suicide to Chinese Democracy and everything in between. The reason I didn't see them after Monsters was I couldn't get off the time to see the Use your Illusion tour and I didn't think it would be 10+ years until there next tour and even those first one's were sketchy. But now the Current line-up rocks and I'm happy to see them kickin' ass even though it's not with the OG's. That's a whole different topic for later. Happy I found this site!
J.Hanover
J.Hanover

Plectra : 4256

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 am

Very cool! I'd love for you to write review of the shows of the shows you've been to, or just a few words like "I was there!", in the relevant gig threads. What Vegas dates are you attending?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Hanover Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 am

Soulmonster wrote:Very cool! I'd love for you to write review of the shows of the shows you've been to, or just a few words like "I was there!", in the relevant gig threads. What Vegas dates are you attending?

I'll be attending the Friday Nov.9 show. Can't wait till then. I can definitely write a review about the Vegas show, no problem. The Monsters of Rock show was a long time a go and I must say I was F'd up and having fun. It was great but i can't give a song by song detail. It was also 20 plus years a go. But for the Vegas show I'll have pic's and write a good review. Hoping to use some contacts to get back stage but that's always a gamble with GN'R. I know Axl is a no-no except for a quick moment but most of the others are pretty cool. Only time will tell.
J.Hanover
J.Hanover

Plectra : 4256

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks, a review would be really cool sfhaetdj

The Monsters of Rock was the disastrous Donnington show back in '88, right?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next