APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

+32
Dazey
Blackstar
FRANSAD
NeetziD
denitza
rosesforcure
sipuli
martingonzo
bacardimayne
J.Hanover
GN'R-Norway
King Nothing
KuraiFusai
HBK
Damn_Smooth
Voodoochild
Angeles_
iftheworld
Broskirose
axl_wanna431340
GnR587
Johan
puddledumpling
Uli
bumb.l.foot
Monique
Gott
DanyYo
Soulmonster
DruDiet
seely
36 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

Post by bacardimayne Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:06 am

Figured I'd join up here. Hi everybody!
bacardimayne
bacardimayne

Plectra : 4219

Back to top Go down

The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 am

Oy! Welcome Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76616

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Hanover Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:43 am

Soulmonster wrote:Thanks, a review would be really cool sfhaetdj

The Monsters of Rock was the disastrous Donnington show back in '88, right?

I'm sorry I got my show's mixed up, it was the show they opened up for the Rolling Stones in 89'. I went to the last night at the LA Coliseum, They opened up four show's for the Stones. I missed all the drama the first and second nights. Axl talking about this is the last show cause of drug use in the band and they better get there shit together and then he falls off stage. The day I went they played great. They had released Lies and this was the tour for that I guess. The reason I said Monsters is I also went to the Coliseum for that to with Metallica, Aerosmith, etc. They were both at the Coliseum. I grew up in the LA area, pretty lucking with all the good shows but I never got to see GN'R in Hollywood. I went to a lot of concerts in the late 80's early 90's, so the date's and exact shows blur until I really think about them or look through my ticket stub book and that's not complete with all the stubs. Shit, now you get a piece of paper printed from your computer as a ticket. That's what I got for Vegas!
J.Hanover
J.Hanover

Plectra : 4241

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:48 am

Ah, that would be this show: https://www.a-4-d.com/t1283-19891022-los-angeles-coliseum-los-angeles-usa#3795%22

A little piece of GN'R history right there, the last proper gig Steven ever did with GN'R and according to him the last gig Guns N' Roses ever did (since he isn't counting the following lineups as "Guns N' Roses").
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Hanover Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:14 am

Soulmonster wrote:Ah, that would be this show: https://www.a-4-d.com/t1283-19891022-los-angeles-coliseum-los-angeles-usa#3795%22

A little piece of GN'R history right there, the last proper gig Steven ever did with GN'R and according to him the last gig Guns N' Roses ever did (since he isn't counting the following lineups as "Guns N' Roses").

I guess I saw a little piece of GN'R history. I thought they played a couple more smaller shows. I knew it was the last show they opened up for anybody, after this show they head lined the rest. I like Steven an all but I wouldn't agree with that opinion. As far as I'm concerned there's 2 Gn'R's, Axl with slash/duff and after, Axl with the current group. Actually the current line-up is as talented as when UYI was recorded, Just my opinion.
J.Hanover
J.Hanover

Plectra : 4241

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:30 am

They are as talented, I just hope the current band environment is conducive to writing great songs.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by martingonzo Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:50 pm

hello i love the original GNR. i love axl singing but i hate his personality.. i play guitar i love slash .. and welll hoping some near day we all see a gnr reunion =)
martingonzo
martingonzo

Plectra : 4206

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:53 am

Welcome!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sipuli Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 am

Here we go..
I was about 12 years old when I heard GnR for the first time. And thats was pretty much it. We were on our arts-class and our teacher let us listen to our own cassettes, yeah, c-casettes. One of my classmates brought UYI1 to the class and that was it. Since then I have been lisytening GNR, if not daily, but weekly and I never get tired of that! I am a huge GNR-fan!
sipuli
sipuli

Plectra : 4167

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:24 am

Hello sipuli!
Did you have a favorite member of the band at first?
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6687

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:04 am

Hey sipuli, welcome to the board!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesforcure Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Everyone!! Im rosesforcure, newbie here!
Im from Spain (Barcelona) 36 yrs. Fan of GNR
Since I was 15,mmm, thats, well, Im old!!
I love this band in any of the versions n line ups.
My fav of ChiDem is Bette.
I missed Oh my God and Silkworms!
Im a lawyer and rocker in my free?time!
Best wishes to everybody!!
rosesforcure
rosesforcure

Plectra : 4162

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 am

Hello rosesforcure.
You're not old. You are younger than every member of Guns N' Roses.

The last GNR concert I went to, November 2011, I met a doctor outside waiting to get into the show. He listened to GNR when he was studying and got a ticket to the show which was on his birthday. He said "I need this to get out of my own life sometimes" and I understood what he meant.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6687

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi rosesforcure! Welcome to the forum! Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello. Finally I joined the forum... :-)
denitza
denitza

Plectra : 4880

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 pm

denitza wrote:Hello. Finally I joined the forum... :-)

Welcome Very Happy
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeetziD Wed May 22, 2013 4:59 am

Hello... I come from NewGnR, saw the link, and joined... I don't have much of a life. Facepalm
NeetziD
NeetziD

Plectra : 4000

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 am

NeetziD wrote:Hello... I come from NewGnR, saw the link, and joined... I don't have much of a life. The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 4 1635782019

Welcome, NeetziD! Smile

Welcome to this friendly and non-troll-infested GN'R forum Smile. There is not much activity here, but I hope you will become part of our community and help it grow.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed May 22, 2013 10:33 am

Soulmonster wrote:
NeetziD wrote:Hello... I come from NewGnR, saw the link, and joined... I don't have much of a life. The 'Introduce Yourself' Thread - Page 4 1635782019

Welcome to this friendly and non-troll-infested GN'R forum Smile.

Thank heavens for that! Very Happy

& Welcome to Neetzi! Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9466

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANSAD Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:30 am

Hi guys and gals Fransad here and i would like to congratulate everyone who contributed to this unbelievably great website. Its truly a great document and I admire the great dedication shown here. It must have been an awful lot of work to gather and transcribe all the articles. Really a great piece of work, thumbs up!!!!
FRANSAD
FRANSAD

Plectra : 1968

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:52 am

FRANSAD wrote:Hi guys and gals Fransad here and i would like to congratulate everyone who contributed to this unbelievably great website. Its truly a great document and I admire the great dedication shown here. It must have been an awful lot of work to gather and transcribe all the articles. Really a great piece of work, thumbs up!!!!  

Hi, @FRANSAD. We're still collecting articles and reviews Smile It's an ongoing effort.

I'd like to thank you too for your great work with the uploads and videos. I've enjoyed them on youtube (until those idiots, whoever they are, took them down) and on Usenet now.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87576

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:18 am

FRANSAD wrote:Hi guys and gals Fransad here and i would like to congratulate everyone who contributed to this unbelievably great website. Its truly a great document and I admire the great dedication shown here. It must have been an awful lot of work to gather and transcribe all the articles. Really a great piece of work, thumbs up!!!!  

Welcome, @FRANSAS, and thank you!

I guess it is a labor of love, perhaps more to chronicling and creating stuff than to GN'R.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Wellcome FRANSAD
denitza
denitza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazey Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi, I'm Dazey. I like Guns n Roses and long walks along the canals in Manchester. Very Happy
Dazey
Dazey

Plectra : 3798

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Dazey wrote:Hi, I'm Dazey. I like Guns n Roses and long walks along the canals in Manchester. Very Happy

Hi Dazey!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by denitza Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Dazey wrote:Hi, I'm Dazey. I like Guns n Roses and long walks along the canals in Manchester. Very Happy

Wellcome, Dazey. Very Happy
denitza
denitza

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Dazey Smile
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by AllRoses Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:35 am

Hello all,
I'm AllRoses  Carefree  always liked and been a fan of G'n'R but have more recently dived deeper into the band.
I came across this forum looking for certain interviews that I just couldn't find on other places online, and this has everything I have been looking for and more! Excited to be a member, and cannot wait to find and explore more   Carefree
AllRoses
AllRoses

Plectra : 1724

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:05 am

AllRoses wrote:Hello all,
I'm AllRoses  Carefree  always liked and been a fan of G'n'R but have more recently dived deeper into the band.
I came across this forum looking for certain interviews that I just couldn't find on other places online, and this has everything I have been looking for and more! Excited to be a member, and cannot wait to find and explore more   Carefree
Welcome, @AllRoses! And thank you Smile
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

AllRoses likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:27 am

AllRoses wrote:Hello all,

Welcome, @AllRoses ! Great to have you here Smile

You have probably already found this https://www.a-4-d.com/t2861-interview-and-article-index which lists our interviews and articles up to 1994/1995. You can also find the same articles by using our pull-down menu ("Databases" on top). But if you use a phone this might not be possible.

For articles after 1994/1995, I am afraid you will have to look for them here: https://www.a-4-d.com/f19-gn-r-interview-and-articles-archive Fortunately, they are sorted chronologically, so it should be doable. We will slowly expand the index with articles covering the entire period, but this takes some time.

The reason why it takes time is that I go through every article and interview before I list them in the index, and the reason I do that Is because I look for information and quotes to be used in our history section: https://www.a-4-d.com/f1-the-history-of-guns-n-roses But it is getting there Smile

And we also have sections for general discussions and stuff. Enjoy Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

AllRoses likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next