APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D - Page 2 Empty Re: Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

Post by Soulmonster Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 15:55

You are right, other band members provided background singing at times, and for some albums also lead vocals (like Duff and Izzy on the UTIs and Slash on Spaghetti Incident). But Axl also did a lot of harmonizing with himself, also on Appetite. So often when you think there are additional singers, it is actually just layered Axl vocals. The chorus of Locomotive is a great example of that.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76709

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D - Page 2 Empty Re: Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

Post by Uli Fri 7 Jan 2022 - 11:42

Personally, I listen to many kinds of music, mostly rock & pop, but it can be classical or jazz or folk as well if it fits the mood!
I think a musician should not be limited to just one genre. For many musicians, it is a journey and they touch on different genres during this.

For GN'R, I don't see they "left" their genre with "softer" songs like Patience, Sweet Child O'Mine etc., because it is "common" for hardrockers to release a "ballad" once in a while!

Of course, "My World" is very different as to what the fans were expecting. I can't see anything wrong with experimentation (it shouldn't go too far - I like listening to a song, not just "noises").

When Axl & his new band were about to create the "Chinese Democracy" album, they were leaning more towards "industrial rock" at first. Interesting, but not necessarily what the average GN'R fan did expect...
To be honest, I did not enjoy "Oh my God" at first, but in the meantime I came to like it. Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9475

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:27

Karice wrote:I was APPALLED by My World the very first time I heard it, like, 😱😬😳🤨😶🧐 was my face when I heard it. Guns N'Roses Fans were like,"My World is Axl's playful,"Illusion 2 album was a depressing drag. Time for me to show my playful and hilarious side now, my,"I don't give a f," side." 🤣

A Fan even said something like,"I enjoy My World much more than November Rain." I thought something like,"This Fan enjoys My World much more than November Rain? Lies." But the Fan was serious. Other Fans were like "My World is the perfect way to end Use Your Illusion Part 2. Short, sweet, and hilarious. Illusion Part 2 is pretty depressing and disturbing, and My World actually alleviates a lot of the tension that is present throughout most of Illusion Part 2.

When Guns N'Roses Fans put it in perspective like that, it does make My World seem a LOT better than the appalling song I perceived it to be at first listen. 🤔😀

that song is not even a guns n roses song, it is just axl fucking around. izzy didn't even know that song would be on the album and he was surprised/shocked when he listened to it
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5490

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:29

Karice wrote:Wow. Perfect Crime is REALLY amazing and phenomenal! Very Happy Axl REALLY pushes himself past the limit in a good way on Perfect Crime! 😀 It's a VERY short song so Axl sings it with a lot of urgency and passion as if conveying,"Perfect Crime," is only about 2 minutes long, so I have to cram as much emotion into this song as I can! 😀 I love Perfect Crime song! 😀 The ONLY "Crime," is that it is only about 2 minutes long. A 5 minute version would have been.... Perfect...😏😉😀

have you seen this live version?

ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:34

Karice wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:You are right, other band members provided background singing at times, and for some albums also lead vocals (like Duff and Izzy on the UTIs and Slash on Spaghetti Incident). But Axl also did a lot of harmonizing with himself, also on Appetite. So often when you think there are additional singers, it is actually just layered Axl vocals. The chorus of Locomotive is a great example of that.

I think Sweet Child Of Mine has Axl harmonizing with himself, and it also has Izzy and Duff helping him out, particularly in the, "Where do we go?" Parts. 😀😉😏 So it sounds like 4 different People when it is really 3 people. 😉😀😏 Which is why that part sounds so incredibly good. 😏😀😉

Edit. Just listened to,"Where do we go," part from Sweet Child Of Mine like a couple of minutes ago. Duff and Izzy ACTUALLY start singing lead on that part and then Axl backs them up,  a wonderful treat. 😀 This is a rare moment where the lead Singer lets the backup singers sing lead and he sings backup for them. 😀 Axl then harmonizes with himself, Duff, and Izzy at virtually the same time and then interrupts himself to sing,"Iyyiyiyiyi," part while Izzy and Duff continue singing,"Where do we go?" Then Axl  is singing,"Where do we go?" Part all by himself, with no harmonizing with himself or Duff or Izzy. It's just Axl belting out, ,"Where do we go?" Like 5 times loud and clear by himself. He then sings,"No, no, no, no, no!" Also, there is adlibs in the back saying stuff like,"Sweet Child,"SCOM really is a fantastic song, especially this part. 😀 All three Singers really blend together well. 😀

on this live version of the song you will see izzy and duff singing along with axl

ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:38

Karice wrote:Just how many Music Genres DOES Axl embody? 😏🧐😀🤔

He can go from hard Rock(Welcome To The Jungle), heavy metal(It's So Easy), Folk(Civil War) Psychedelic Rock(Live And Let Die, Knocking On Heaven's Door/Doe Wah), 😉 Rap(My World, Get In The Ring), Soft Rock(Patience, Sweet Child Of Mine, November Rain), Country(Bad Obsession). He embodies at least 7 Music Genres. 😀

axl... and izzy and slash and steven and duff

please send me the song Doe Wah later!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by ludurigan Mon 10 Jan 2022 - 13:45

Karice wrote:
ludurigan wrote:

Karice wrote:I was APPALLED by My World the very first time I heard it, like, 😱😬😳🤨😶🧐 was my face when I heard it. Guns N'Roses Fans were like,"My World is Axl's playful,"Illusion 2 album was a depressing drag. Time for me to show my playful and hilarious side now, my,"I don't give a f," side." 🤣

A Fan even said something like,"I enjoy My World much more than November Rain." I thought something like,"This Fan enjoys My World much more than November Rain? Lies." But the Fan was serious. Other Fans were like "My World is the perfect way to end Use Your Illusion Part 2. Short, sweet, and hilarious. Illusion Part 2 is pretty depressing and disturbing, and My World actually alleviates a lot of the tension that is present throughout most of Illusion Part 2.

When Guns N'Roses Fans put it in perspective like that, it does make My World seem a LOT better than the appalling song I perceived it to be at first listen. 🤔😀

that song is not even a guns n roses song, it is just axl fucking around. izzy didn't even know that song would be on the album and he was surprised/shocked when he listened to it

You know a song is shocking when it even shocks your Bandmate! 🤣 But, the Guns N'Roses Fans who pointed out that My World alleviates a lot of tension that is present throughout most of Use Your Illusion Part 2 are right. But what exactly is Axl doing when he says,"Guess what I'm doing now? " Some Guns N'Roses Fans were like,"You can hear a crack of a lighter and Axl inhaling. He's doing drugs." Other Fans were like,"You can hear a bed squeaking and Axl and a Woman moaning. He's having sex." Very different opinions....

I think izzy was shocked by the lack of respect of axl to have the nerve to add a song to the album without even telling him about it
ludurigan
ludurigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue 11 Jan 2022 - 15:17

Karice wrote:This is another Topic I find too important to add to Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner. 😉😏

I interpret "Just a street Urchin living on the street, I'm your Charity Case, so get me something to eat, I'll pay you another time, maybe take it to the end of the line," from Paradise City to be Axl talking about how he when he was just William and not Axl yet basically was a Charity Case growing up, and was homeless before making it big as Axl. Whoever took care of poor Charity Case William Rose and fed him,  well , successful and wealthy Axl Rose would take care of them and feed them too now that he was a huge wealthy Megastar. Whoever took care of William Rose when he was a poor would be helped out big time by his successful and wealthy "Brother," Axl. 😏😉😀 It would be a "You took care of and fed my poor "Little brother" William, so now that I am successful and wealthy, I will take care of and feed you to to show my gratitude to you. "😏😀

I interpret," Rags to riches, gotta keep pushing for the Fortune and Fame" , Paradise City as more of Axl talking about how he used to be poor as William but was now successful and wealthy as Axl.

Welcome To The Jungle. I interpret "The Jungle," as the embodiment of the craziness of Rock And Roll itself, but Axl says that he wrote this about life in the big city like living in Seattle or LA. I like my interpretation better. 😏😉

I interpret Perfect Crime to be about People who laughed at Poor William's dreams of becoming successful and wealthy, and he is now while THEY themselves are now  begging for spare change while successful and wealthy Axl laugh at them now. My how the tables have turned. 😏😉😀 Axl implies that being successful and wealthy is his Perfect Crime. 😉😏😀

Hi Karice,

I merged this post with your other thread about the band. If there turns out to be a lot of discussion on interpreting GN'R lyrics then we might split it into separate thread again, but as for now we keep it this way so as to not have too many ongoing threads from you.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri 14 Jan 2022 - 8:33

Karice wrote:What would you consider Guns N'Roses signature song?

Welcome to the Jungle.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next