APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D - Page 4 Empty Re: Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

Post by Uli Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:27 am

Karice wrote:I had to look up I.R.S. Lyrics on Google to understand what Axl was singing in the verses.

Is that still a quote of that person on yt or did you not know IRS? (It's on Chinese Democracy, I thought you heard the album?)

I think IRS was the first "new" song I heard (the first "leak" I ever came upon back in 2005)! Cool
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9476

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D - Page 4 Empty Re: Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

Post by Uli Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:32 pm

Karice wrote:
Nope, when I said I listened to Chinese Democracy, I meant Chinese Democracy the actual song. I haven't actually listened to the entire Chinese Democracy Album.

Noonomonomo
OMG, what are you waiting for??? Facepalm
Go and do your homework right now!!!!!!!!!! Geek

Btw, above people were not talking about the song, but about the album (in those comments).

Karice wrote: that was me who said I had to look up what Axl was saying/singing in I.R.S.

Good, now look for more songs and what Axl was saying in those! Personally I suggest "TWAT" or even "Sorry"! sfhaetdj
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:36 pm

For your delectation, here is an article about "C.D.", written 10 years after:

Commercially, the album did pretty well – debuting at number 2 and 3 in the UK and US respectively, eventually turning Platinum – but was deemed a disappointing performance overall, especially given its lofty production bill. It quickly slumped back down album charts after the initial hype faded, doing little to convince fans that Axl was justified in seizing control of the band and making it his own pet project in the first place.

...here’s the truth of the matter: take away the circumstances of its creation and the context of its release, and Chinese Democracy slams. It’s a damn good album – fuck it, it’s a great album, and occasionally exceptional. It’s an explosive, fantastical, multi-multilayered rock ‘n’ roll opera, but more importantly than that: it’s absolutely stacked with great songs.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/in-defence-of-chinese-democracy-guns-n-roses-misunderstood-gem
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:12 pm

Some extra points for doing your homework! XD

Ha ha, I assumed most GN'R fans would know how "There was a time" was shortened to "TWAT". Crazy

When it comes to not listening to C.D. as a whole, all I can say is "I'm sorry for you". Teasing
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:07 pm

Karice wrote:He is basically considered Guns N'Roses itself now.

Not any more, no. Since Slash n' Duff came back, things went back to pre-UYI days, at least a little bit! (I'm certain there were lots of lawyers and long negotiations involved.)

Karice wrote:I listened to the entire Chinese Democracy Album last night!

Well done! sfhaetdj

Karice wrote: On Chinese Democracy the actual song, Axl sings with himself on completely different Pitches, at the same time, something that is hard to do.

It is a studio recording, thus it is possible to layer 2 different vocal tracks over a song. (As far as I know, this was done on older recordings as well, something like a "trademark" of GN'R.)
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:32 am

Karice wrote:PLEASE tell me that the Guns N'Roses Albums come with Lyric Booklets.

Yes, as far as I know, they do. (And why the f** have you not bought them yet????)

You have to see the "Chinese Democracy" album booklet - the credits and "thank you" list must've taken years to compile! Crazy
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:53 am

Karice wrote:When I saw ,"Out Ta Get Me," on the Appetite For Destruction playlist, I assumed that Axl was talking about a having a war with himself, fighting himself...

This forum has a department about the songs, you know?

There you might find background info from the mouths that count:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t75-out-ta-get-me
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:16 am

I merged some topics again Smile
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76730

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:18 am

Karice wrote:So, a Guns N'Roses Fan said something like,"Axl stopped a show because someone threw a coin at him. " I thought,"Come on, Axl isn't THAT moody and temperamental that he'd stop a show because someone threw a coin at him! 🙄 He'd just laugh it off and keep the show going! " Then more Fans were like,"Axl stopping a show because someone threw a quarter at him was ridiculous. I begun to think, "Holy crap, maybe Axl really DID stop a show because someone threw a coin at him!" 🧐 A Fan uploaded the clip of him stopping the show because someone threw a coin at him and I was like,"Holy crap! Axl DID stop a show because someone threw a coin at him! 🧐

Axl was pretty opposed to audience member throwing things. I have no problem with that really. I wouldn't like being pelted with coins and glasses with urine, either. At one show, Duff was knocked unconscious after being hit by a bottle.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76730

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next