APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

5 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D - Page 5 Empty Re: Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

Post by Uli Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:24 pm

Karice wrote:I listened to Oh My God today and Axl definitely outdid himself on Oh My God.

Once again, check out the topic about the song with quotes from Axl and other band members.
https://www.a-4-d.com/t175-oh-my-god

From Axl:
The chorus: OH MY GOD etc. deals with the societal repression of deep and often agonizing emotions - some of which may be willingly accepted for one reason or another - the appropriate expression of which (one that promotes a healing, release and a positive resolve) is often discouraged and many times denied. Emotionally the song contemplates several abstract perspectives drawing from personal expression as well as from the film (End Of Days) and its metaphors.

Karice wrote:So YouTube recommended to me a video where Axl suddenly goes on a  rant ...
But seriously, the sudden rant felt weird to me.

Oh well, it seems that's what used to happen quite often with Axl back in those days!
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9475

Back to top Go down

Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D - Page 5 Empty Re: Karice's Guns N'Roses Corner! :D

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:15 pm

Karice wrote:I listened to Back Off Bitch, and Axl seems REALLY resentful and angry at whoever the Woman is in this song. Oh my God, since Axl writes his songs from his personal thoughts, feelings, and experiences, what Woman hurt him so bad he'd write and sing Back Off Bitch about her? 😱🧐 I REALLY hope Back Off Bitch isn't dedicated to Erin Everly, his ex wife because that would be beyond REALLY messed up as she was the love of his life for years and he even married her....😱🧐

It isn't about Erin Everly. It was written before they started dating, possibly as early as in 1982. Why don't you read about about the songs before posting?

https://www.a-4-d.com/t111-back-off-bitch
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76709

Uli likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:10 pm

Karice wrote:
This extremely calm man is the same man who dived headfirst off stage into a crowd

For starters: Axl is not stupid, he probably knew he would have to "behave" in a court room (orders from the band's manager Wink )!

In general, Axl may have had an "explosive" temper, but possibly he had more than one side to his personality (as you already noticed, according to your posts in here).

He admitted in an old interview to have been getting psychological help - that might or might not include medication too.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:59 pm

Karice wrote:Fellow Guns N'Roses Fans, was Axl heavily sedated here? He seems VERY calm, eerily calm matter of fact. A Guns N'Roses Fan

Why do you keep saying "a Guns N' Roses fan" said this or said that? Who are these fans you keep referring to are where are you reading these comments? They say invariably ignorant and/or stupid things so why mention them?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

ludurigan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:57 pm

Karice wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:

Karice wrote:Fellow Guns N'Roses Fans, was Axl heavily sedated here? He seems VERY calm, eerily calm matter of fact. A Guns N'Roses Fan

Why do you keep saying "a Guns N' Roses fan" said this or said that? Who are these fans you keep referring to are where are you reading these comments? They say invariably ignorant and/or stupid things so why mention them?

It's part of my personality to constantly mention things other People have said. 😋😏 I see those Fan Comments on YouTube videos.

Yeah, well, I find it more interesting to discuss our opinions than those of some random people on youtube.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Uli and ludurigan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:00 pm

I said it before here: on youtube you won't always find "phans", sometimes there is stupid people and trolls and whatnot... Suspect

Karice wrote:
"... Axl wasn't on drugs here. He just had a short fuse , anger problems, and an explosive Temper. If he was on drugs it would probably have helped him calm down and not react so explosively like he did here."

Uh, I would say that depends very much on which drug anyone might've taken. Some might calm you down, others might add up to your anger etc.! Mini shock

Plus my two cents: you're talking about ONE moment in Axl's life here, while you forget about all the other gigs which went "normally" and in which he was not angry.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:12 am

Karice wrote:
Like I have said, it's just my personality to constantly talk about what other People said.

Well I guess we'll just have to accept that, for better or worse.

Can anyone tell me what IRS song is about?

As with many songs, there are different interpretations. You can check what other people said here:
https://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858746714/

A few quotes: "Seems to me it is about the breakup of the old band. Axl admits he wronged the others but it was too late by the time he realised it. Then he goes on to talk abut the lawsuits between the old band and him."
"I thought it was about his divorce and further lawsuits with his wife. I don't know if I read this somewhere or came to this conclusion myself, but when I read the lyrics they sound more relevant to this than to the band."
"The lyrics are obviously about a woman that was infidel to the writer. The lyrics are a bit over the top, maybe even ridiculous, but musically it's an awesome catchy song."

"Oom bop bop bep bep"

"A-wop-bop-a-loo-bop, A-lop-bam-boom!" (Little Richard)
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:17 pm

Karice wrote:...he recently got two Gun Brothers back, so that must make him happier than when he was the ONLY Family Member left. He'd probably be even happier if he had all four of his Gun Brothers back

Well, that is just guesswork. There were lawyers and negotiations involved for sure!
Izzy might've been considered, but it didn't come through (maybe for financial reasons - more guesswork). Steven was a "guest" on a few shows drumming only on a few songs, but personally I had the impression that the band didn't consider him "stable" enough to do a gruelling world tour.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5